April 2023 Stavely Municipal Library News
APRIL 2023 Library News
Monday – 1:30 to 6:00 pm Wednesday – 12:00 to 6:00 pm
Tuesday – 9:00 to 5:00 pm Thursday – 1:30 to 5:00 pm
CLOSED MONDAY APRIL 10TH
Stavely Municipal Library Facebook- Please “Like” us to see what is new and happening in the Library-
THE FRIENDS OF STAVELY LIBRARY SOCIETY
Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday April 19th @ 7pm. Highway Cleanup is scheduled May 6th, alternate date May 13th. For Friends members of the Society, who wish to volunteer, mark this date on your calendar. We are in need of volunteers!
For more information about our Friends Society, please “Like” us on our Facebook Page
BOOK CLUB – Next meeting will be Tuesday, April 4th in the library at 6:30pm. We will be discussing “The Last Train to London by Meg Waite Clayton “Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan Henry and “The Woman before Wallis by Bryn Turnbull. The Theme for April is Books to Movies. The selections this month are:
v – The Marsh King’s Daughter by Karen Dione - Thriller
v – Straight Man by Richard Russo – Humorous Fiction
v – The Last Letter from your Lover by JoJo Moyes - Romance
If you are interested in participating, please come to our meeting to choose which book you would like to read or perhaps you can choose all of them! Also, we will be choosing a Beach read for May. Suggestions are welcome – New members are always welcome!
New – Second Lecture of The Plot Thickens Garden Club Lecture Series will be on Thursday, April 20th7pm
Are you interested in gaining knowledge of plants, gardens and gardening? The Stavely Public Library is hosting the second lecture in the gardening series that will be held in the Library on Thursday, April 20th 7pm to 8:30pm, our guest speaker will again be Maggie McIvor. This will be a fun session talking about FLOWERS! Maggi will explain some design tips and show lots of examples of plants to use when making your own Planters and Baskets.
Pre-registration would be appreciated by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org; but drop-in is welcome as well. There will be a cover charge of $5 for each participant for this presentation. An attendance draw will be offered as well as Snacks. Date and topic will be posted each month on the Library Website: www.stavelylibrary.ca; Stavely Municipal Library Facebook page, and Stavely newsletter. These lectures will be held on the third Thursday in April, May & June with a garden tour at Coutts Centre in July. Start up will begin again in Sept.
All manner of gardeners are welcome – from pot to plot!
Class 2 of 6 in the Digital Literacy Clinic Series will be on Mobile Devices held on Wednesday April 26th 4:30 to 6pm in the Stavely Library. Register for this free class to learn to master your devices and how to access features that can help you. We will cover the basics of smart phones, tablets, eReaders, and streaming devices. You will also learn about the best free apps your library has to offer. Following the class, all your questions are welcome. An assortment of devices will be on-hand to view and compare, so you can see what device might suit you best. Participants are encouraged to bring their own device to the class, or let us know if you would like to borrow one for class. For more information or to register:
403-549-2190 or help @stavelylibrary.ca
If you would like a Library Membership Chinook Arch users can now renew their memberships online! A link to the online renewal form has been added to each library website and can be accessed at:
Family membership - $20 Adult Membership - $15 Juvenile Membership – $5 Includes:
- Newly Released Books for every age: loaned for 3 weeks, with two renewals
- Newly Released DVDs: loaned for 7 days, with two renewals
- Free e-resources on our website includes, e-books, audiobooks, Hoopla, Magazines, Newspapers, learning e-resources for adults and students, free admission passes to local museums.
- Looking for new recipes, crafts, organizing skills, renovating ideas, or maybe dreaming of a vacation? Get some ideas from our varied selection of Magazines newly displayed each month that can be physically borrowed for 3 weeks.
All this and more FREE with your library card!
FEATURED BOOKS OF THE MONTH
- The Queen: Her Life by Andrew Morton
- The Light We Carry by Michelle Obama
- Someone Else’s Shoes by JoJo Moyes
- The House of Wolves by James Patterson
- It’s One of Us by J.T. Ellison
- All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham
- Georgie, All Along by Kate Clayborn
- The Lipstick Bureau by Michelle Gable
- Dark of Night by Colleen Coble
- The Night Travellers by Armando Lucas Correa
- Burial of Ghosts by Ann Cleeves
- The Mitford Affair aby Marie Benedict
- All the Broken Places by John Boyne
- Storm Watch by C.J.Box
- The Girls Who Disappeared by Claire Douglas
- All Roads Home: A Life on and off the Ice by Bryan Trottier
- Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover
- Murder at Havens Rock by Kelley Armstrong
- The Other Daughter by Caroline Bishop
- The Homestead Sourdough Cookbook by Georgia Varozza
FEATURED DVD MOVIES
- Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- A Man called Otto
- She Said
- Everything Everywhere All At Once
Coming Soon - Yellowstone Season 5, Part 1;
New arrivals weekly – to reserve a copy of these new arrivals –you can place a hold on them, either on our website, or by visiting or phoning the library. Looking for your next read? You can refer to our “Trending” List for Fiction and Non-fiction books each month on our website. March’s list is now available. Please go to www.stavelylibrary.ca or call the Library @ 403-549-2190 for more information or EMAIL: email@example.com